Shopper/Runner Production Assistant
March 11, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Shopper/Runner Production Assistant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Shopper/Runner Production Assistant, reporting to the VP, Presentations, coordinates with all Seasonal PAs and the Presentations team regarding hospitality and other duties as assigned for each of our shows this upcoming season.
The Shopper/Runner Production Assistant will manage all “runner” responsibilities on each show day including but not limited to:
- Shop for all dressing room hospitality needs for rehearsals and show-days.
- Set up and tear down all dressing rooms and staff offices for show days/rehearsals etc.
- Run errands and lunch runs as assigned Monday – Friday and on show days.
- Manage and organize inventory of non-perishable hospitality, sponsor beer/wine, etc. in our on-site Bowl hospitality storage throughout the season.
- Additional “runner” responsibility as assigned by day-of-show tour managers for some artists/bands.
- Managing spending for shopping, and expenses on an assigned company credit card, and reconciling all spending (organizing your receipts).
- Expense reports (including mileage reimbursement for all your runs).
- Ability to lift 20 pounds and drive for extended periods.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Must have reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Ability to manage time for shopping outside the office for all hospitality as coordinated/advanced with Seasonal PAs,
- Desire to be the first in/last out on site for show setup/load-out with the PAs,
- Attend in-office hours as assigned and for team meetings etc.,
- Work all Presentations Hollywood Bowl shows from June 8 – September 30 (with possibility for a few shows in first weeks of October).
- Open availability required, including nights and weekends (this position works almost every one of our shows).
This position averages 40 – 60 hours per work week.
Hire date: Week of June 3.
End Date: Week of September 30
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
For auditions information, please visit the LA Philharmonic Auditions page
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.