Direct Marketing Coordinator
October 3, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Direct Marketing Coordinator
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Direct Marketing Coordinator, reporting to the Direct Marketing Manager to reach and engage existing and potential consumers. The ideal candidate balances analytical & creative thinking with a drive to continually optimize communications. This person should be passionate about concerts and the potential of email marketing to engage target audiences and drive ticket sales to events at Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Hollywood Bowl and beyond.
- Coordinate assets for all marketing email communications from concept to completion with a strong focus on innovation and optimization to achieve revenue and engagement goals
- Develop an understanding of the various segments of our database to strategically build targeted lists for email and direct mail, based on past purchases, account preferences, and available demographic information
- Collaborate with Digital Operations Manager on development of automated emails, including life-cycle email campaigns (e.g. welcome series, reactivation and retention campaigns, first-time buyers, etc.)
- Leverage analytics to guide content strategy and optimize content positioning
- Regularly explore current email trends and best practices and conduct industry/competitor analysis to guide email targeting and content strategies
- Identify additional channels for acquiring new email subscribers and nurture growing databases
- Work with the Digital team to develop unique campaign landing pages, as needed
- Review email attribution and tracking reports to determine upcoming email campaign tactics
- Assist Direct Marketing Manager with execution of direct mail communications
- Conduct cost analyses and present options for complex direct mail projects
- Supervise all aspects of working with mail house vendor, including delivery of materials, delivery of mailing lists, reviewing proofs, occasional on-site review of mailing set-up, and ensuring projects come in on budget
- Maintain direct marketing plan and budget; prepare documentation needed for quarterly forecasting
- Manage invoice tracking system and expenditure report for direct marketing team
- Additional duties, as assigned
- B.A. or B.S. in business, marketing/sales, communications or related field
- 3+ years marketing experience preferred
- Must have extensive computer skills including Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Tessitura, Salesforce, and marketing automation tools is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a focus on accuracy, attention to detail, thoughtful and thorough preparation of documents and communications
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with teams in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.