Human Resources Generalist
April 7, 2021
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Human Resources Generalist
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The HR Generalist, reporting to the HR Manager, provides Human Resources support for staff across multiple populations, with a focus on recruitment, onsite venue support, and compliance.
- Recruiting and Hiring:
- Design recruitment strategies for open positions, initiate the application process in the Cadient ATS system, and leverage external partnerships to drive diversity recruitment initiatives.
- Train and inform hiring managers in the LA Phil’s recruitment process and best business practices, following up as necessary on their recruitment progress
- Extend offer letters, run background and reference checks, and conduct new hire onboarding meetings
- Process hiring paperwork for full time, administrative part time, and union employees (Stagehands, Sub Musicians, Actors Equity, Box Office, Audience Services) as necessary
- Assist with the offboarding process of all employee populations
- Maintain and audit employment data within the Kronos HRIS system, ensuring accuracy of employment data, and recommending opportunities to streamline processes
- Maintain employment files within the electronic filing system
- Maintain compliance posters throughout multiple venues, researching, and ordering poster updates as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Association policies regarding LiveScan process for the Learning department
- Research and stay up to date on federal, state, and local legislation related to employment law
- Provide onsite venue support across multiple venues, including but not limited to working with venue management, proactively identifying resources and training opportunities, addressing staff concerns, and nightly concert duty
- Proactively support employee relations investigations, working with the Vice President, Human Resources and HR Manager to resolve staff complaints and concerns
- Assist the HR Manager with the oversight of the administration of workers compensation program
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of HR experience required
- Fluency in Spanish, verbal and written is a plus but not required
- Experience with Kronos Dimensions HRIS and applicant tracking systems, with an emphasis on attention to detail to ensure employee records are accurate
- Excellent computer literacy and proficiency (MS Suite, HR systems, and Internet based research, etc.), with proven experience leveraging database tools (MS Access, VLOOKUP, and Pivot Tables)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, with ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and external partners
- Highly organized, detail and process-oriented
- Ability to execute projects and to set or change priorities in response to a dynamic office environment
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion
- Ability to work weeknights, weekends, and holidays for venue concert duty
- Dedication and commitment to engage in and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the staff, vendors, and within interactions with the surrounding community is a must
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
Equal Employment Opportunity | Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring | Family Medical Leave Act | CFRA Pregnancy Disability Leave | Employment Polygraph Protection Act