Marketing Communications Manager
February 4, 2020
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Marketing Communications Manager
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Marketing Communications Manager, reporting to the Director, Marketing, will have deep experience in email and digital marketing, to own the organization’s email strategy and planning. The ideal candidate balances analytical and creative thinking with a drive to continually optimize communications. This person should be passionate about concerts and the potential of utilizing digital marketing channels to engage target audiences and drive ticket sales to events at Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Hollywood Bowl, and The Ford.
- Create and maintain strategic email communications calendar for the LA Phil’s venues and institutional communications
- Develop email communications from concept to completion with a strong focus on innovation and optimization to achieve revenue and engagement goals
- Ensure all emails developed and deployed by the LA Phil are on-brand, engaging, and deliver the best possible user experience
- Develop an understanding of the various database segments to strategically build targeted lists for email and social media targeting in collaboration with the Marketing Database Specialist, based on past purchases, account preferences, and available demographic information
- Infuse knowledge of email trends and best practices including design and deliverability throughout work of the team; collaborate with marketing team members on strategy, copywriting, design, and user experience
- Collaborate with Digital Operations Manager and Assistant Manager, Audience Development and Insights on development of automated emails, including life-cycle email campaigns (i.e. welcome first-time buyers, reactivation and retention, etc.)
- Leverage analytics to guide content strategy and optimize content positioning
- Identify additional channels for acquiring new email subscribers and nurture growing databases
- Serve as an email/digital marketing communications expert for the Marketing department, consulting on other digital touchpoints such as social media and advertising to ensure the organization is reaching its full potential with email/digital marketing.
- Be a key collaborator on digital content ideation with an eye toward content creation for use in emails, social, and advertising
- Enhance coordination and planning across marketing by working closely with the digital, content, social, and advertising teams to ensure all digital marketing tactics are hitting at an optimal cadence and with impactful content to reach target audiences.
- Work with the Digital team to develop unique campaign landing pages, as needed
- Review email attribution and tracking reports to determine email campaign tactics
- Additional duties, as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing preferred
- Proven track record of success in an email-focused marketing role required. Experience in executing cohesive cross-channel content marketing campaigns strongly preferred.
- Passionate about impactful email and digital marketing content
- Experience managing a comprehensive content calendar for several teams/groups
- Strong ability to be collaborative and team-minded
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to maintain oversight and prioritize a range of competing priorities in a high project volume environment
- Strong leader with a keen strategic eye and an ability to clearly articulate priorities while incorporating data and learning into the decision-making process
- Ability to react to changing priorities based on sales trends and pivot quickly and effectively
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute while also driving strategic planning and seeing the broader team vision
- Must have extensive computer skills including Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Tessitura, Salesforce, and marketing automation tools is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written with a focus on accuracy, attention to detail, thoughtful and thorough preparation of documents and communications
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work with teams in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Secondary language fluency is a plus
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.