Parking Lot Manager (Part-Time)
December 18, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Parking Lot Manager (Part-Time)
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Parking Lot Manager, reporting to the Traffic & Parking Manager, manages all aspects of their parking lot staff in an organized and safe manner, based on LA Phil venue best practices.
- Hire, train and supervise up to 30 parking staff employees
- Train staff on parking lot best practices and responsibilities of each post, as well as general venue layout and policies
- Managing accurate timekeeping records
- Coach and counsel employees as issues arise
- Schedule employees based on needs determined by Traffic & Parking Manager
- Understand various parking plans and procedures based on event needs
- Maintain the safe operation of the parking lot, including but not limited to, managing vehicles parking, picking up and dropping off and pedestrian traffic throughout entire course of event
- Record accurate nightly incident reports
- Enforce parking lot policies and safety procedures
- Review Field Interview Reports completed by employees
- Assist other departments when necessary and as directed by a supervisor
- Respond to a wide range of customer service issues with sensitivity and care
- Execute special projects and duties as assigned
- Communicate efficiently and effectively with patrons and staff
- Ability to manage part time staff of up to 30 employees, including coaching, discipline, time management, training, and maintaining staff morale
- Existing knowledge of or the ability to quickly learn the following:
- Layout of parking lots and grounds
- Event times and program information
- Parking Lot Safety procedures
- Parking pass guidelines
- Use of 2-way radios
- Ability to:
- Work outside
- Bend, stand and walk (including hilly terrain and stairs) for up to duration of entire work shift
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds
- Sit for up to a couple of hours at a time during work shift
- Delegate duties as needed
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.