Retail Receiving & Stockroom Associate
November 6, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Retail Receiving & Stockroom Associate (Part-Time)
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Retail Receiving and Stockroom Assistant, reporting to the Director, Retail Services, processes the flow of inventory through our stores located in the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. This role performs stocking duties including processing incoming shipments, maintaining organized stockrooms and distributing merchandise to all locations.
- Collaborate with the retail team to manage the flow of inventory to maximize sales
- Receive and unpack merchandise, verify packing lists and resolve discrepancies in compliance with Retail inventory systems and procedures
- Reconcile shipping invoices and receiving reports to ensure count accuracy
- Execute reverse logistics (damages, transfers, RTVs)
- Input inventory data into system, print tags and label goods
- Stage merchandise in stockrooms and organize appropriately for storage and/or distribution
- Maintain organized, clean, safe and secure stockrooms for efficient storage and distribution
- Ensure and deliver timely inventory flow into stores as needed
- Investigate and report inventory variances, demonstrate shrink awareness and prevention
- Maintain accurate knowledge of inventory stock across all locations
- Assist with re-stocking and overall store appearance, cleanliness of stores and stockrooms
- Maintains and orders supplies needed for stores and stockroom
- Help with cycle counts and physical inventory
- Assist managers with seasonal store visual merchandising
- Assist with ecommerce order fulfillment
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 2 years experience with merchandise receiving and stockroom duties in a retail operation preferred
- Nature of the work requires physical activity including frequent lifting, stooping, bending, reaching and standing for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and move boxes weighing 50 lbs.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving efficiency skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and meticulous throughout the completion of assigned tasks
- Ability to multi task in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent collaborative, interpersonal, and communication skill required
- Flexible schedule, days, nights weekends
- Valid CA drivers license
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.