Social Media Project Manager
October 31, 2019
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Social Media Project Manager
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Social Media Project Manager, reporting to the Assistant Director, Marketing, will support the LA Phil social media team with special projects, social ad placements, community management, and event coverage across LA Phil’s social channels.
- Support in the implementation of social media paid campaigns:
- Coordinate with various departments to build Facebook ad campaigns for non-marketing initiatives
- Set metrics and track progress of campaigns and provide final report results for projects including recommendation for the following season or next campaign
- Advancing CRM target list request to support Facebook event respond and advertiser access campaigns
- Work closely with copy writers to advance advertising and evergreen copy (i.e. lookbacks, TBT)
- Support in creating a content calendar for all social platforms, support creative development scheduling. Coordinate with archival, editorial, and creative services to secure assets (images, video and copy)
- Attend events and post appropriate social media content in real time or coordinate with other departments to receive social media content. Events may be offsite and include rehearsals, community concerts, photo/video shoots, community initiatives, and collaborations
- Work as part of a team that regularly monitors patron messages and inquiries on social, to proactively address patron questions or customer facing concerns
- Collaborate as the day-to-day community manager across LA Phil channels, including responding and monitoring the Phil’s social media channels on assigned days
- Identify and create relationships with social influencers as well as other community managers across the classical music, City of Los Angeles, and live entertainment communities.
- Other duties as assigned
- Innovative and creative thinker with strong writing and storytelling skills with a minimum of 2 years experience working in social media.
- Deep knowledge of current and upcoming social media platforms and proven experience building and managing content calendars, large-scale communities and partner relationships
- Understanding of how social media fits within the marketing and communications mix as well as knowledge of other marketing disciplines
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communications, and active listening skills
- Working business knowledge of Photoshop, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube along with apps that assist on content editing such as Mojo, In-Shot, Pixaloop, etc.
- Experience utilizing Community Management & Analytic tools such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Later and Brand24 a plus
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association embraces and is committed to diversity and inclusion within our staff, musicians, guest artists, audiences, and surrounding communities. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.