Audience Services Manager
Full-time Administrative Staff
June 28, 2017
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking an:
Audience Services Manager
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Audience Services Manager position manages customer relationships, ensuring customer satisfaction, quick and personalized service while maximizing ticket sales and donated income. This role is also responsible for maintaining a premiere level of customer service throughout multiple service channels.
- Oversee Audience Services, Patron Services, and overflow phone services, including hiring, training, staffing, motivating, and managing sales teams
- Generate revenue through Audience Services from single ticket sales, subscription sales, special packages, donations, Internet, email/fax sales and telemarketing
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of all orders through the phone, internet, email, and fax
- Establish and maintain policies that guarantee the highest possible level of customer service
- Establish and maintain methods and procedures to achieve timely and accurate resolution of customer inquiries
- Develop and maintain Customer Service Quality Guidelines and an active staff monitoring program. Coach staff and monitor results to improve overall level of customer service and job performance
- Work with Treasurers for Hollywood Bowl and Walt Disney Concert Hall Box Offices to maintain a uniform level of service and sales
- Serve as the primary liaison for Audience Services needs with the appropriate staff at performances/community events
- Develops, recommends and implements an annual budget to ensure optimal staffing levels and monitors scheduling to ensure budget projections are achieved
- Establish and maintain channels of communication with customers and patrons of the Los Angeles Philharmonic as required
- Prepare weekly reports summarizing sales, complaints, call volume and advertising impact
- Ensure maintenance and upkeep of data standards within ticketing system
- Maintain phone system and coordinate upgrades to insure proper equipment functionality
- Work with union to manage Audience Services personnel issues
- Put forth an ongoing effort to improve/maintain the Audience Services physical plant by doing such things as maintaining computers, replacing office furniture, etc.
- Execute the creation of the Subscriber Guides for the Hollywood Bowl and Walt Disney Concert Hall seasons
- Special projects as assigned by Assistant Director, Sales and Customer Engagement
- Proof marketing materials for print and online media
- Work with members of the Marketing and Development departments to implement and execute targeted marketing campaigns, promotions and incentives
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 5 years customer service and management experience with proven track record of client service management and excellent problem-solving skills
- Manage multiple distribution channels and develop strategies to support and grow client relationships
- Manage full and part time employees with complex scheduling needs
- Demonstrate solid leadership, communication, and sales skills
- Knowledge of social media/digital best practices for customer service
- Innovative team player with the ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to perform under pressure while maintaining a courteous and professional attitude toward clients and team members
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Computer literate, fluent in full Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of the Tessitura platform and ticketing/sales best practices
- Ability to work occasional evenings, weekends, or special events as needed
- Basic knowledge of classical music or training helpful
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law. The Association also provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.