Invited rehearsals provide students and instructors with a rare glimpse at the creative process of the Los Angeles Philharmonic as they prepare for a concert performance. As part of the experience, ensembles will gain first-hand insight into the rehearsal process, information on the repertoire and composers, and participate in a dynamic and interactive workshop.
Applications are now open for the 2018-2019 season!
- Attend one invited rehearsal with the Los Angeles Philharmonic at Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Participate in an interactive pre-rehearsal activity, guided by an LA Phil Teaching Artist
- There is no fee for participation
- Open only to school or extra-curricular music ensembles with players in middle and/or high school (grades 6-12)
- Must be an instrumental music ensemble (jazz, wind ensemble, orchestra, chamber ensembles, etc. are all welcome)
- Successful applicant ensembles must commit to providing their own ground transportation to and from Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Exemplary audience etiquette is expected.
2018/19 Invited Rehearsals Schedule
10:00AM - 12:45PM
FRI / FEB 1, 2019
Guest Artist: Slattery, Bain
BRITTEN Four Sea Interludes from Peter Grimes
BRITTEN Serenade for Tenor, Horn and Strings
STRAUSS Also sprach Zarathustra with supertitles
SAT / FEB 16, 2019
Guest Artist: Alston, Diehl
ELLINGTON “Come Sunday” from Black, Brown and Beige
GERSHWIN Rhapsody in Blue
STILL Symphony No. 1, “Afro-American”
THUR / MAR 7, 2019
Guest Artist: Yuja Wang
ADAMS Must the Devil Have All the Good Tunes?
MAHLER Symphony No. 1
FRI / MAY 17, 2019
Guest Artist: Lang Lang
BEETHOVEN Egmont Overture
HAYDN Symphony No. 104, London
BEETHOVEN Piano Concerto No. 2
THUR / MAY 23, 2019
Guest Artist: Avdeeva, Perianes
BEETHOVEN Piano Concerto No. 4
BEETHOVEN Piano Concerto No. 5, "Emperor"
SAT / MAY 25, 2019
Guest Artist: Perez, Larsson, Portillo, Georne, LAMC
BEETHOVEN Mass in C
HAYDN “Lord Nelson” Mass