- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Gustavo Dudamel conductor
- Sen Guo soprano
- Huiling Zhu mezzo-soprano
- Kang Wang tenor
- Shenyang bass-baritone
- Tan Weiwei Female Indigenous Singer
- Batubagen Male Indigenous Singer
- Chen Yining Fantan Pipa Soloist and Dancer
- Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Grant Gershon Artistic Director
- Los Angeles Children’s Chorus
- Fernando Malvar-Ruiz Artistic Director
About This Performance
Following on the stunning success of his Water Passion after St. Matthew, Tan Dun (composer for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) has created another evening-length oratorio, this time based on stories inspired by the Dunhuang Cave paintings.
*The 100 for the 100th: Be Our Guest program provides community members with 100 free tickets to 100 concerts throughout the Centennial season. Tickets for tonight’s concert were generously underwritten by Terri and Jerry Kohl.
Enhance Your Experience
Upbeat Live with Daniel Kessner – 7pm
Before the concert, some of the sharpest musical minds around – including members of the LA Phil – guide you through the evening’s music, complete with a Q&A session for any lingering questions. This free event is held in BP Hall, accessible after your ticket is scanned.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.