March 8, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Lead the workflow and production process of creative projects including print, digital and video for the LA Phil, Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl, from conception to completion.
- Lead the production schedule process, with Creative Services (Design, Editorial, Video) and clients to develop production schedules and ensure all projects adhere to approved timelines
- Lead the Creative Services Project Managers to determine how to manage workflow and division of project oversight
- Route materials for review (Editorial, Design & Video), collect feedback and ensure accuracy of revisions, and secure final approvals
- Collaborate with Design, Editorial and Video to develop approval procedures and oversee process
- Administer requests for Creative Services, review details for accuracy and clarity, prior to assigning to appropriate designer
- Monitor Creative Services workflow and coordinate adjustments in workload, as needed
- Manage projects with freelance graphic designers and print vendors, as needed, to ensure timely delivery
- Liaise with key staff members across multiple departments and maintain strong communication throughout the production process
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency of Creative Services in collaboration with Director of Creative Services
- Identify and implement software systems that will streamline the workflow process — project tracking, production schedules, and content and design routing feedback
- Other duties as assigned
- 6+ years project management experience in an agency or in-house communications department; cultural institution experience a plus
- Expert organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Outstanding communication skills – written and verbal
- Expert knowledge of project management processes, workflow and terminology
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of print, digital and video project management needs
- Big picture thinker; ability to assess and implement the overall workflow, production processes and resource needs of a multi-functional department
- Leadership experience
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at email@example.com or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.