Public Relations Assistant
February 27, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Public Relations Assistant
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Public Relations Assistant will help the Public Relations team with administrative tasks and see to the daily department needs, as well as acting as a liaison between the LA Phil and the media in order to promote the Los Angeles Philharmonic and all Association events and activities. These include supporting the LAPA Winter Season at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, the Summer Season at the Hollywood Bowl, special Series, run outs, tours and internal initiatives. To support the members of the department as requested. This position requires working flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, at multiple locations to meet department needs.
- General office duties including, but not limited to: placing, receiving, routing phone calls, filing, photocopying, faxing, maintaining files and records, processing department invoices, coordinating department mailings, etc.
- Monitoring all media coverage, including online and physical publications, filing of press clippings for circulation and archival storage. Preparation of special press clipping books for various projects and Board Meetings as required. Maintaining periodicals.
- Attend weekly departmental staff meetings and other meetings as assigned.
- Oversee database and artist file maintenance, including but not limited to procuring biographies and photographs.
- Research and gather information for first drafts of press releases, media alerts, biographical information and other written material as assigned.
- Update the Press Section of the LAPhil.com and departmental Twitter as needed.
- Arrange and coordinate photo and video shoots for all LAPA venues including requests from outside parties, as assigned.
- Onsite concert duty, including photo duty as LAPA representative for all LAPA venues and lease events, as assigned.
- Build and facilitate relationships with the media and outside contacts, interfacing with professionalism and efficiency.
- Coordinate event logistics for galas, press conferences, press receptions, Walt Disney Concert Hall and Hollywood Bowl events and miscellaneous events as needed.
- Accommodate ticket requests and confirmations.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive institutional information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- General music knowledge required and a desire to work with musicians.
- One/two years previous agency, arts organization or equivalent experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience with database systems an advantage.
- Creative, innovative thinker with an excellent sense of local and national media.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good team player but also self-motivated, use initiative.
- Good knowledge of social media and best practices.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate.
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when you have submitted your application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquiries about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213 972 0721.
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.