Traffic/Parking Manager at the Hollywood Bowl
March 5, 2018
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Traffic/Parking Manager at the Hollywood Bowl
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
The Traffic/Parking Manager oversees the operation of all Hollywood Bowl parking lots; including supervisors and support staff. In addition, Traffic/Parking Manager manages and coordinates “rideshare” services (Uber/Lyft/Access) and their supervisors for all Hollywood Bowl parking lots. The Traffic/Parking Manager also manages and coordinates neighborhood street access control program.
- Manage, implement and support all daily parking operations.
- Supervise parking lot managers and staff for various parking lots for all events to ensure the best possible parking experience.
- Train, supervise, counsel, schedule and evaluate parking staff
- Supervise all cashier supervisors and cashier staff (program, shuttle, parking and cushions) to ensure proper parking ticket issuance, money keeping and reporting, as well as, excellent customer service. Entails hiring, supervising and training. Coach and counsel employees as issues arise.
- Supervise Traffic Supervisor and Traffic Flag staff to ensure proper placement for safe and efficient traffic concerns as well as proper vehicle and pedestrian flow. Entails hiring, supervising and training. Coach and counsel employees as issues arise.
- Manage accurate timekeeping records for Parking Lot Managers, Cashier Supervisors, Parking Lot Cashiers, Shuttle Cashiers, Cushion Cashiers, Program Cashiers, Traffic Supervisor and Traffic Flags.
- Oversee Valet Parking program and interface with Valet staff (vendor) for our season Donor Valet program, as well as, overseeing valet program on non-subscription events and lease events. Coordinate staffing levels and process invoices.
- Responsible for all monies associated with parking, shuttle and program cashiers on a nightly basis. Ensure accurate nightly reporting to Hollywood Bowl Box Office.
- Work with Operations Coordinator on nightly parking schematics based on show needs and nightly presold parking.
- Works with LAPA Production team & Box Office Manager to establish seasonal parking holds; coordinating subscription needs with specific show needs.
- Works with LAPD Supervisor & DOT Supervisor on nightly traffic and pedestrian traffic to ensure safe and efficient management.
- Coordinate all program deliveries and keep accurate Program Sales records and report to appropriate LAPA departments weekly and at end of season.
- Handle and coordinate parking requests, both complimentary and paid, for various Philharmonic departments based on show requirements or any special sponsor events.
- Address customer service issues when needed to ensure that patron’s needs and/or concerns are being addressed.
- Liaison for outside Production Managers for all parking needs for their shows.
- Act as community representative for community traffic concerns. Attend community meetings as appropriate
- Project manage facility improvement projects when necessary.
- Direct annual maintenance of parking lots, including paving and striping.
- Interface with various rideshare companies and work on continued improvement for operating at the Hollywood Bowl during the season.
- Other duties as assigned
- 2 years experience in operations of a performing arts venue or sports venue
- 2 years experience with cash management and record keeping
- Knowledge of venue best practices
- Highly organized, detail oriented, ability to establish changing priorities, flexible
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Excellent initiative and inter-personal skills
- Meet frequent deadlines
- Professional demeanor in dealing with challenging patrons and staff
- Work long hours and weekends through concert season as required
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful
An Equal Opportunity Employer: It is the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Association does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and religious grooming), sex (including pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition or information, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the law, the Association also provides reasonable accommodation for disabled applicants and employees in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, for pregnant employees who request an accommodation with the advice of their health care providers, for pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; for employees who are victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking; and for applicants and employees based on their religious beliefs and practices.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
For auditions information, please visit the Auditions page.
For inquires about employment for Security, Guest Services, or Building Operations at Walt Disney Concert Hall, please contact the Music Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 213.972.0721
Please note: The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.