You are here
Part of SA1 Saturday Evening 1
Susanna Mälkki, conductor
Netia Jones, director/video artist
Rachele Gilmore, soprano
Marie Arnet, soprano
Jane Henschel, mezzo-soprano
Dietrich Henschel, baritone
Andrew Watts, countertenor
Peter Tantsits, tenor
Jenni Bank, mezzo-soprano
Members of the Los Angeles Opera Chorus
Anne Tomlinson, artistic director
Listen Program Notes
Chin: Alice in Wonderland (staged with video) (c. 100 minutes)
About This Performance
Korean composer Unsuk Chin collaborated with American playwright David Henry Hwang (M. Butterfly) to craft a libretto from Lewis Carroll’s beloved tales. Creating a completely new multimedia production for us is innovative London-based director/video artist Netia Jones (Where the Wild Things Are; 2013 LA Phil Gala).
Come for: The West Coast premiere of a Lewis Carroll remix.
And more: Part of our new in/SIGHT series, where every concert is a sensory feast for eye and ear.
Presented in collaboration with LA Opera
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Dudamel & Mahler 5: Saturday, October 4, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Mozart & Beethoven: Saturday, November 1, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Pictures at an Exhibition with Dudamel: Saturday, December 6, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Sibelius & Gorecki: Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 8:00pm
- Late Masterworks of Mozart & Bruckner: Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.