You are here
Part of TH2 Thursday 2
About This Performance
Berg’s early songs have more to do with Brahms than they do with the Second Viennese School with which Berg ultimately became identified. LA Phil Resident Conductor Lionel Bringuier underlines the connection with Brahms’ own take on a classical theme and Beethoven’s genial Fourth Symphony.
Swedish soprano Camilla Tilling, who sang Haydn’s The Creation with us under Esa-Pekka Salonen, returns for these beautiful Berg songs.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Rachmaninoff with Dudamel & Wang: Thursday, December 19, 2013 - 8:00pm
- Dudamel Conducts Brahms: Thursday, March 6, 2014 - 8:00pm
- MINIMALIST JUKEBOX: Glass' the CIVIL warS: Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 8:00pm
- AX BRAHMS PROJECT: Ax & Dudamel: Thursday, May 1, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Sibelius with Dudamel & Joshua Bell: Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 8:00pm
Can’t decide which concert is for you? Try Concert Master!
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.