You are here
Part of TH1 Thursday 1
About This Performance
Flamenco and Falla is a natural combination. Although some conservative Spanish critics attacked him for what they thought was excessive French influence, Falla dug deep into Spanish musical history and his Andalusian roots for almost all of his music. He also joined the great poet-playwright Federico García Lorca in creating a famous Cante Jondo (deep song) competition, to help preserve authentic flamenco singing.
Come for: Dudamel leads Falla’s flamenco-inspired masterpiece El amor brujo in a thrilling, choreographed production featuring the dancers of Siudy Garrido Ballet Flamenco.
And more: One of the great interpreters of Joaquín Rodrigo’s music plays the composer’s most famous piece.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Dudamel & Mahler 5: Thursday, October 2, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Mozart & Beethoven: Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 8:00pm
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY HURRICANE MAMA: Dudamel Conducts Saint-Saëns: Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody: Thursday, December 11, 2014 - 8:00pm
- Martha Argerich Plays Schumann: Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 8:00pm
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.