4. THE MAN MACHINE (1978)
Over processed robotik rhythms which predate the rise of European techno and trance, Kraftwerk address automation and alienation, space travel and engineering, the seductive allure of urban landscapes and the vacant glamour of celebrity. ‘The Robots’ adds another dimension to Kraftwerk's ultra-dry sense of humour and behind its intoxicating melodic pulse, ‘The Model’ is a highly prophetic satire on the beauty industry. ‘Neon Lights’ is Kraftwerk's most achingly romantic song to date, a sci-fi lullaby for cities at twilight.
About This Performance
German electronic music pioneers Kraftwerk perform live in eight performances at Walt Disney Concert Hall March 18-21, 2014 to launch the LA Phil’s Minimalist Jukebox Festival.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 1 Autobahn: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 7:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 2 Radio-Activity: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 10:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 3 Trans Europe Express: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 7:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 5 Computer World: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 7:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 6 Techno Pop: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:30pm
Can’t decide which concert is for you? Try Concert Master!
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.