5. COMPUTER WORLD (1981)
Kraftwerk beam themselves into the future by writing about home computers, online dating and globalised electronic surveillance years before these phenomena truly come into being. A vision of bright hopes and dark fears of the booming microchip revolution, ‘Computer World’ is a serenely beautiful and almost seamless collage of sensual melodies and liquid beatscapes. Tracks like ‘Numbers’ and ‘Pocket Calculator’, with their weightless bleeps and elastic beats, and their cyberfunk, predict the silky rhythms of Chicago house and inspire a whole generation of Detroit techno artists.
About This Performance
German electronic music pioneers Kraftwerk perform live in eight performances at Walt Disney Concert Hall March 18-21, 2014 to launch the LA Phil’s Minimalist Jukebox Festival.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 1 Autobahn: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 7:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 2 Radio-Activity: Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 10:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 3 Trans Europe Express: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 7:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 4 The Man-Machine: Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 10:30pm
- KRAFTWERK 3-D CONCERT: 6 Techno Pop: Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 10:30pm
Can’t decide which concert is for you? Try Concert Master!
Construction around Walt Disney Concert Hall may affect your drive. Click here for details.