Part of SU1 Sunday 1
Schumann: Das Paradies und die Peri (c. 95 minutes)
About This Performance
To conclude his Schumann survey, Dudamel teams with Peter Sellars for the rarely performed oratorio on Thomas Moore’s poem about a peri – a fairy-like spirit somewhere between an angel and a devil – who is trying to re-enter heaven by finding the gift that God will like best.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Mozart 1791: Final Piano Concerto: Sunday, October 1, 2017 - 2:00pm
- A Midsummer Night's Dream: Sunday, November 5, 2017 - 2:00pm
- Tchaikovsky's First Piano Concerto: Sunday, December 10, 2017 - 2:00pm
- Dudamel Conducts Brahms: Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 2:00pm
- Composer Salonen: Wing on Wing: Sunday, February 18, 2018 - 2:00pm