Helpful Tips & A Few Guidelines
LA Phil Open Mic Night
Tips for your Zoom performance:
Haven't used Zoom before? We recommend downloading before your performance (download and learn all you need to know here) and testing out a session with a friend to make sure your camera and audio are ready for your debut!
For your performance: The host will let you know when it's your turn to perform and who's on deck. Make sure you're not performing too far away from your audio source (probably your computer's mic).
Pro-tip: As we’ve come to learn, adjusting the audio makes for a much easier listening experience. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to optimize your Zoom settings.
1. In a Zoom meeting, click the up carrot next to your Microphone/Mute button.
2. Click “Audio Settings…”
3. Uncheck box: “Automatically adjust microphone volume”
4. Click “Advanced”
5. Check box: “Show in-meeting option to ‘Enable Original Sound’ from microphone”
6. Open the drop-down menu and disable “Suppress Persistent Background Noise”
7. Open the drop-down menu and disable “Suppress Intermittent Background Noise”
Jazz up your performance by showing up with your own Zoom background, or better yet – download ours: laphil.com/videobackgrounds
A few guidelines:
You must be 18 years or older to perform.
Your performance must be under 6 minutes.
Your performance must be live.
Mute yourself when someone else is performing (you can unmute to clap!).
Join early and come prepared!
Be nice. We will not tolerate disruptive behavior of any kind. We have full control of the session and will either remove you or be forced to end the session for everyone.
Have fun ☺️
Questions? Shoot us an email.