- J.S. BACH (arr. I. DEMERS) Orchestral Suite No. 2 in B minor, BWV 1067 (trans. for organ)
- Douze Études pour les pieds: No. 5. Moderato; No. 2. Adagio; No. 12. Tempo giusto
- Flights of Fancy: Ballet for Organ: Ragtime Lullaby; Shimmy
- Selections from Terpsichore
- FRANCK Chorale No. 2 in B minor
- STRAVINSKY (arr. I. DEMERS) Three Movements from Petrushka (trans. for organ)
About this Performance
“There is no shortage of organists who make their instruments roar...Demers made the instrument sing.” (ClassicalSource.com)
Québec native and Associate Professor of Organ at her hometown’s McGill University, Isabelle Demers is a graduate of the Juilliard School. Her recital traverses more than 400 years of music, with her own transcriptions of music by Bach and Stravinsky bookending smaller works by Charles Alkan, Michael Praetorius, and William Albright. Demers commemorates the 100th anniversary of the death of César Franck with a performance of the second of his stirring Three Chorales, composed only months before his death in 1890.
This performance is generously supported by Mari L. Danihel.See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.