Dudamel Conducts Mahler’s Eighth
Feel the energy when Gustavo Dudamel ignites the monumental and explosive "Symphony of a Thousand".
- MAHLER: Symphony No. 8
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Gustavo Dudamel conductor
- Tamara Wilson soprano
- Leah Crocetto soprano
- Joélle Harvey soprano
- Tamara Mumford mezzo-soprano
- Joseph Kaiser tenor
- Ryan McKinny baritone
- Morris Robinson bass
- Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Grant Gershon Artistic Director
- Pacific Chorale performer
- Artistic Director
- Fernando Malvar-Ruiz Artistic Director
- National Children’s Chorus
- Luke McEndarfer Artistic Director
About This Performance
Dudamel is renowned for his Mahler interpretations, but neither he nor anyone else has performed the monumental “Symphony of a Thousand” inside Walt Disney Concert Hall. Just imagine the huge orchestra, pipe organ and massed choirs in the explosive opening movement, “Come, Creator Spirit.”
These performances are made possible by generous support from the Lloyd E. Rigler – Lawrence E. Deutsch Foundation.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.