Part of SA2 Saturday Evening 2
About This Performance
Mahler’s penultimate completed work is unclassifiable – neither song cycle, symphony, nor operatic drama. His penetrating settings of ancient Chinese poems reveal a universe of experience within an individual, our relationship to nature, and the sometimes cruel, sometimes beautiful cycle of life. In an unprecedented move, three of these performances will be staged by our Artist-Collaborator Sharon in conjunction with TEATROCINEMA, a Chilean theater company renowned for innovative interaction between video and live performers.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Mozart 1791: Final Piano Concerto: Saturday, September 30, 2017 - 8:00pm
- A Midsummer Night's Dream: Saturday, November 4, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Itzhak Perlman Plays & Conducts: Saturday, January 13, 2018 - 8:00pm
- Composer Salonen: Piano Concerto: Saturday, February 10, 2018 - 8:00pm
- A Trip to the Moon: Saturday, March 3, 2018 - 8:00pm