- Mass in C
- “Lord Nelson” Mass
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Gustavo Dudamel conductor
- Anna Larsson mezzo-soprano
- David Portillo tenor
- Matthias Goerne bass-baritone
- Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Grant Gershon Artistic Director
About This Performance
For listeners used to the brawny drama of Beethoven’s Fifth and the epic vision of his Missa solemnis, the composer’s Mass in C may surprise with its tranquility and beauty. In contrast, Haydn’s most performed Mass is highly dramatic, with a soaring soprano solo and masterfully interwoven choral lines.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.