- LA Phil New Music Group
- Co-created by Ted Hearne, Patricia McGregor, and Saul Williams
- Ted Hearne, composer and conductor
- Saul Williams and Ted Hearne, libretto
- Patricia McGregor, director
- Tim Brown and Sanford Biggers, scenic design
- Tim Brown, video design
- Pablo Santiago, lighting design
- Jody Elff, sound design
- Rachel Myers, costume design
- Steven Bradshaw, Sophia Byrd, Josephine Lee, Isaiah Robinson, Sol Ruiz, Ayanna Woods, vocalists
About this Performance
In a country at a crossroads, where the legacy of manifest destiny has given rise to the complexities of gentrification, Hearne's Place explores the contentious mapping of the place we call home.
This project is supported in part by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts.See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Watch & Listen
Power to the People! festival
From subversive statements to songs of solidarity, music has always had a role to play in the movements that shift attitudes and shape nations. Join curators Gustavo Dudamel and Herbie Hancock in a celebration of the music that moves mountains. We invite you to join the conversation.