- Byung-Dong PAIK Hae-Jo-Eum for orchestra (U.S. premiere)
- Sukhi KANG Piano Concerto (U.S. premiere)
- BRAHMS Piano Concerto No. 1
About this Performance
Due to the continuing COVID-19 crisis, all LA Phil-presented concerts at Walt Disney Concert Hall have been canceled through June 9, 2021.
This event has been canceled.
- We have moved all 2020/21 subscriptions into the 2021/22 season. This will enable subscribers to keep their seats when we return for a full season of music back at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- Subscriber Add-On tickets can be donated, returned for account credit, or refunded.
- Create Your Own Package tickets can be donated, returned for account credit, or refunded.
Visit this page for the latest updates and to learn more.
As the centerpiece of the 10-day Seoul Festival curated by acclaimed composer Unsuk Chin, Shi-Yeon Sung leads the LA Phil in three concerts featuring star Korean performers and composers. Sunwook Kim, who The Guardian said has the ability “to grasp every single nuance in the score with poise and natural ease,” will perform Brahms First Piano Concerto. That’s the same piece he played in the finals of the prestigious Leeds International Piano Competition at age 18, catapulting him into an international spotlight with a first place finish. With three programs over three nights, each concert of the weekend also features multiple U.S. and world premieres with a selection of music from respected Korean composers like Isang Yun and Sukhi Kang as well as leading new voices in the Korean classical world, such as Joo Wan Park and Texu Kim.See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.