- SCHUMANN Theme with Variations in E-flat major, WoO 24, “Ghost Variations”
- BRAHMS Three Intermezzos, Op. 117
- MOZART Rondo in A minor, K. 511
- BRAHMS Six Pieces for Piano, Op. 118
- BACH Prelude and Fugue No. 24, in B minor, BWV 869 from The Well-Tempered Clavier, Book 1
- BRAHMS Four Pieces for Piano, Op. 119
- BEETHOVEN Piano Sonata No. 26 in E-flat major, Op. 81a, “Les Adieux”
About this Performance
Sir András Schiff has thrilled us with his Beethoven and Bach cycles, among much else – including conducting! Here, he offers a deep dive into the heart of his repertory – masterworks from the core German/Austrian tradition. This is profound music, linked by Brahms’ three sets of autumnal reflections, short but amazingly concentrated distillations of that rich tradition.
Schiff Meet & Greet
Meet Sir András Schiff in the Concert Hall Café after the performance! CDs available in the LA Phil Store for signing.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.