About this Performance
Music by two of Mexico’s greatest living composers begin this exhilarating concert. Dudamel leads encore performances of Ortiz’ spiritual Kauyumari, which was premiered in the LA Phil’s 2021 return to Walt Disney Concert Hall, and Márquez’ Fandango, a violin concerto inspired by the composer’s love of the dance music he grew up listening to in Sonora with new “melodies that sound old and are worth keeping” according to the Los Angeles Times’ review of its 2021 world premiere at the Hollywood Bowl. Completing the concert, Aaron Copland’s stirring Third Symphony that is built in part on his immortal Fanfare for the Common Man.
This is an exclusive Invitational Rehearsal.
Friends and Patrons of the LA Phil at the $150 Sonata level and higher are invited to enjoy our popular Invitational Rehearsals presented by the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Based on your membership level, you may be able to attend as many as six different rehearsals at each venue.
Log in to view your eligibility under My Invitations, on the lower half of your account page.
If you are not currently a member of the Friends of the LA Phil, join now to gain access to this event.
- Due to the nature of a working rehearsal, late seating will not be permitted.
- Space is limited. Please RSVP promptly and inform us of any changes in your plans to attend.
- Invitational Rehearsals are not ticketed events; your name will be on a list at check-in. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The rehearsal may omit some portions of the complete concert program and is subject to change, including the time and date of the event. You may refer to laphil.com for full concert programming. Digital program notes will be provided for each rehearsal.
- Please note that Invitational Rehearsals are working rehearsals for the LA Phil and that standard venue policies and courtesies apply. Please visit our website here for more information. In accordance with our venue safety policy, guests must wear a mask at all times unless they are actively eating or drinking in designated areas. The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health recommends all guests, 6 months and older, either be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 viral test prior to entry, but it is not required.
See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.