About this Performance
Best known as the Music Director of the Ensemble Intercontemporain, conductor/composer Matthias Pintscher leads a program combining a recent work by Olga Neuwirth—“a big, brash, brilliant showpiece, continuing in the raucous line of Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring and Varèse’s Amériques“ (The New York Times)—with classics by Mendelssohn and Brahms. After the brilliant Ray Chen gives his take on the beloved Mendelssohn Violin Concerto, Pintscher illuminates Brahms’ chamber masterpiece redressed in colorful and clarifying orchestral garb by Schoenberg.
This is an exclusive Invitational Rehearsal.
Friends and Patrons of the LA Phil at the $150 Sonata level and higher are invited to enjoy our popular Invitational Rehearsals presented by the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Based on your membership level, you may be able to attend as many as six different rehearsals at each venue.
Log in to view your eligibility under My Invitations, on the lower half of your account page.
If you are not currently a member of the Friends of the LA Phil, join now to gain access to this event.
- Due to the nature of a working rehearsal, late seating will not be permitted.
- Space is limited. Please RSVP promptly and inform us of any changes in your plans to attend.
- Invitational Rehearsals are not ticketed events; your name will be on a list at check-in. For more information, please email email@example.com.
- The rehearsal may omit some portions of the complete concert program and is subject to change, including the time and date of the event. You may refer to laphil.com for full concert programming. Digital program notes will be provided for each rehearsal.
- Please note that Invitational Rehearsals are working rehearsals for the LA Phil and that standard venue policies and courtesies apply. Please visit our website here for more information.
See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.