About this Performance
Fast-rising Finnish conductor Dalia Stasevska (now Principal Guest Conductor of the BBC Philharmonic) leads this arresting program, including the soul-filling Violin Concerto by Tchaikovsky played by Randall Goosby, who “plays like an angel with nothing to prove. A cool, calm, collected angel” (Los Angeles Times). To conclude, Stasevska leads one of Sibelius’ most performed symphonies, his Second, which combines high energy with long-limbed lyricism.
This is an exclusive Invitational Rehearsal.
Friends and Patrons of the LA Phil at the $150 Sonata level and higher are invited to enjoy our popular Invitational Rehearsals presented by the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Based on your membership level, you may be able to attend as many as six different rehearsals at each venue.
Log in to view your eligibility under My Invitations, on the lower half of your account page.
If you are not currently a member of the Friends of the LA Phil, join now to gain access to this event.
- Due to the nature of a working rehearsal, late seating will not be permitted.
- Space is limited. Please RSVP promptly and inform us of any changes in your plans to attend.
- Invitational Rehearsals are not ticketed events; your name will be on a list at check-in. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The rehearsal may omit some portions of the complete concert program and is subject to change, including the time and date of the event. You may refer to laphil.com for full concert programming. Digital program notes will be provided for each rehearsal.
- Please note that Invitational Rehearsals are working rehearsals for the LA Phil and that standard venue policies and courtesies apply. Please visit our website here for more information.
See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.