Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra
Sun / Mar 10, 2019 - 7:30PM
Take in the visual splendor and music of two 18th-century coffee houses from different continents.
- Alison Mackay, conceived, programmed, and scripted
- Elisa Citterio, Music Director and Conductor
- Alon Nashman, narrator
- Trio Arabica
- Maryem Tollar, voice / qanun
- Naghmeh Farahmand, percussion
- Demetri Petsalakis, oud
- Marshall Pynkoski, stage director
- Glenn Davidson, production designer
- Raha Javanfar, projections designer
About this Performance
It’s 1740, and coffee houses are the places to hear music, whether in the trading center of Leipzig or in Damascus, one of the world’s oldest cities. Experience the visual splendor, music, and contemporary tales of these two historic locales, as presented by Canada’s leading period-instrument ensemble and guest artists.
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.