Sun / Apr 21, 2019 - 7:30PM
Bach and Glass in the hands of an Icelandic master.
- BACH Aria Variata alla maniera Italiana, BWV 989
- BACH Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 850
- MARCELLO/BACH Concerto in D minor, BWV 974
- BACH Prelude and Fugue in E minor, BWV 855
- BACH/RACHMANINOFF Gavotte, from Violin Partita No. 3 in E, BWV 1006
- BACH Invention No. 15 in B minor, BWV 786
- BACH Sinfonia No. 15 in B minor, BWV 801
- BACH/SILOTI Prelude in B minor, BWV 855a
- BACH Fantasia and Fugue in A minor, BWV 904
- Philip GLASS Opening, from Glassworks
- Philip GLASS Etudes Nos. 9, 2, 13, 3, 5, 6
- Full Program Notes Víkingur Ólafsson
About this Performance
One of the stars of our 2017 Reykjavík Festival, Víkingur Ólafsson returns with a fascinating solo recital devoted to keyboard music by Bach and Philip Glass.
Please note: Pianist Vikingur Olafsson has replaced the previously scheduled Murray Perahia for this recital. Perahia has been forced to withdraw due to a medical setback that has prevented him from performing publicly. He looks forward to returning to the stage in the not too distant future, as soon as his recovery is complete.
Meet & Greet: Víkingur Ólafsson
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.