About this Performance
Leading Australian conductor Simone Young leads the LA Phil in the wild display of unconventional forms that is Ralph Vaughan Williams’ Eighth Symphony. The shortest of his symphonies, the Eighth shows Vaughan Williams fashioning a refined and cultured English dreamscape while searching for a theme and dedicating entire movements to winds and strings. Considered to be his most raw and emotional composition, Elgar’s dark and dramatic response to the end of World War I—and his own life—is richly blended together by the bow of French cellist and LA Phil favorite Gautier Capuçon.
This is a Donor Invitational Rehearsal.
Friends and Patrons of the LA Phil at the $150 Sonata level and higher are invited to enjoy our popular Invitational Rehearsals presented by the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Based on your membership level, you may be able to attend as many as six different rehearsals at each venue.
Log in to view your eligibility under My Invitations, on the lower half of your account page. If you are not currently a member of the Friends of the LA Phil, join now to gain access to this event.
- Due to the nature of a working rehearsal, late seating will not be permitted.
- Space is limited. Please RSVP promptly and inform us of any changes in your plans to attend.
- Due to the nature of a working rehearsal, children under 6 years old will not be admitted to Donor Invitational Rehearsals at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- Invitational Rehearsals are not ticketed events; your name will be on a list at check-in. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The rehearsal may omit some portions of the complete concert program and is subject to change, including the time and date of the event. You may refer to laphil.com for full concert programming. Digital program notes will be provided for each rehearsal.
- Please, no photography or videotaping
Please note that standard venue policies and courtesies apply. Visit our Venue Policies page for more information.
See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.