Fluxus: Fluxus Learning Event
Sun / Oct 14, 2018 - 2:00PM
- PATTERSON Instruction No. 2 (Please Wash Your Face)
- Natilee HARREN Illustrated talk, Fluxus: Historical Origins and Contemporary Resonances
- Rebekah HELLER Participatory workshop designed around the music of Pauline Oliveros
- Christopher Rountree, director
- Natilee Harren, Fluxus Scholar
- Rebekah Heller, Guide
- Nancy Perloff, Getty Research Institute
- Members of the Los Angeles Philharmonic
About this Performance
Leading Fluxus scholar Natilee Harren will use the Getty’s extensive archives of Fluxus-related ephemera (including original scores) to present the movement in its historical context. Christopher Rountree and members of the LA Phil will perform, and Rebekah Heller of the International Contemporary Ensemble will lead a participatory workshop designed around the music of Pauline Oliveros.
Tickets are free by reservation and available at getty.edu.
Location: The Getty Research Institute
Visit fluxuslaphil.tumblr.com, where essays by prominent artists and scholars on aspects of the Fluxus movement and documentation of festival events will be posted throughout the LA Phil's 2018/19 season.
In partnership with the Getty Research Institute
Photo courtesy of Dr. Barbro Patterson
The Getty Research Institute
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.