(Canceled) Chineke! Orchestra
Wed / Apr 15, 2020 - 8:00PM
This phenomenal European orchestra is made up primarily of black and minority musicians.
- COLERIDGE-TAYLOR Ballade for Orchestra in A minor, Op. 33
- Stewart GOODYEAR Callaloo – Caribbean suite for piano and orchestra
- BRAHMS Symphony No. 2
About this Performance
This event has been canceled in accordance with “Safer at Home” orders by Governor Gavin Newsom, Los Angeles County, and Mayor Eric Garcetti to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Due the large number of concerts impacted, please don’t contact us immediately. Details on how to manage canceled tickets will be emailed to ticketholders next week. At that time, ticketholders will be able to:
- Exchange your tickets for any 2019/20 or future 2020/21 season performance or LA Phil-presented concert in the Hollywood Bowl 2020 season. All exchange fees will be waived.
- Exchange your tickets for a credit applied towards your account.
- Donate your tickets and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value.
- Receive a refund for the value of your ticket.
Visit this page for the latest updates and to learn more.
Founded in Britain, Chineke! is the first professional European orchestra to be made up primarily of black and minority ethnic musicians. Two of the composers celebrated on this program, Coleridge-Taylor and Goodyear, are also musicians of color, the latter having been described by the Los Angeles Times as a “phenomenon” and “one of the best pianists of his generation.”See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.