Chinese New Year
Thu / Feb 7, 2019 - 8:00PM
East meets West, including electrifying performances by violinist Ray Chen.
- HUANZHI Spring Festival Overture
- SAINT-SAËNS Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso
- RAVEL Tzigane
- DU YUN Thirst, for Orchestra, featuring two Diaoqiang Opera singers
- AN-LUN HUANG Saibei Dance
- LIU TIESHAN Dance of the Yao Tribe
- RAVEL Bolero
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Elim Chan, conductor
- Ray Chen, violin
- Xinchang DiaoQiang Opera Troupe
- Wang Ying, singer
- Zhang Tingfang, singer
About this Performance
Electrifying young violinist Ray Chen is featured in this remarkable mix of East and West to celebrate Chinese New Year, all led by former Dudamel Fellow and fast-rising conductor Elim Chan.
Enhance Your Experience
Pre-concert Lounge – 6:30pm
Arrive early for complimentary drinks and to participate in a traditional Chinese paper cutting activity led by the Chinese Club of San Marino.
MEET & GREET: Ray Chen
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.