Sun / Apr 7, 2019 - 7:30PM
This smasher of cultural and classical music taboos is a game-changer!
- BACH Prelude and Fugue in D major, BWV 532
- BACH / Cameron CARPENTER French Suite No. 5 in G major, BWV 816
- BACH Prelude and Fugue in B minor, BWV 544
- BACH In dulci jubilo, BWV 608
- BACH Prelude and Fugue in A minor, BWV 543
- BACH / Cameron CARPENTER Toccata and Fugue in D minor, BWV 565
- Cameron CARPENTER Serenade and Fugue on B.A.C.H.
- Thomas MELLAN Ballade de l’Impossible
- Cameron CARPENTER Improvisation
About this Performance
“Carpenter is one of the rare musicians who changes the game of his instrument… He is a smasher of cultural and classical music taboos. He is technically the most accomplished organist I have ever witnessed… And, most important of all, the most musical.” (Los Angeles Times)
Enhance Your Experience
Upbeat Live, Thomas Neenan – 6:30pm
Before the concert, some of the sharpest musical minds around – including members of the LA Phil – guide you through the evening’s music, complete with a Q&A session for any lingering questions. This free event is held in BP Hall, accessible after your ticket is scanned.
MEET & GREET: Cameron Carpenter
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.