Sun / May 19, 2019 - 7:30PM
Discover why this Latvian organist has redefined her instrument and achieved star status worldwide.
- WIDOR Toccata in F major from the Organ Symphony No. 5
- Sofia GUBAIDULINA Hell und Dunkel
- Philip GLASS Mad Rush
- Aivars KALĒJS Lux aeterna
- Pēteris VASKS Hymnus (world premiere, LA Phil commission)
- BACH Prelude and Fugue in E-flat major, “St. Anne,” BWV 552
- Bronius KUTAVIČIUS Sonata “Ad Patres”
- LISZT (TRANS. ROGG) Légend No. 2
About this Performance
Over the past several years, Latvian organist Iveta Apkalna has succeeded in blowing away the cobwebs and establishing a new reputation for her instrument. Through her compelling performances, technical brilliance and charismatic stage presence, she has managed to achieve star status.
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.
Enhance Your Experience
Upbeat Live with Christoph Bull
Event starts at 6:30PM
Before the concert, some of the sharpest musical minds around – including members of the LA Phil – guide you through the evening’s music, complete with a Q&A session for any lingering questions. This free event is held in BP Hall, accessible after your ticket is scanned.Learn More