Dudamel Conducts Mahler’s Eighth
Thu / May 30, 2019 - 10:00AM
Feel the energy at this exclusive rehearsal, when Gustavo Dudamel ignites the monumental and explosive "Symphony of a Thousand".
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Gustavo Dudamel, Music & Artistic Director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Walt and Lilly Disney Chair
- Tamara Wilson, soprano
- Leah Crocetto, soprano
- Joélle Harvey, soprano
- Mihoko Fujimura, mezzo-soprano
- Tamara Mumford, mezzo-soprano
- Joseph Kaiser, tenor
- Ryan McKinny, baritone
- Morris Robinson, bass
- Los Angeles Master Chorale
- Grant Gershon, Artistic Director
- Pacific Chorale
- Robert Istad, Artistic Director
- Los Angeles Children’s Chorus
- Fernando Malvar-Ruiz, Artistic Director
- National Children’s Chorus
- Luke McEndarfer, Artistic Director
About this Performance
Dudamel is renowned for his Mahler interpretations, but neither he nor anyone else has performed the monumental “Symphony of a Thousand” inside Walt Disney Concert Hall. Just imagine the huge orchestra, pipe organ and massed choirs in the explosive opening movement, “Come, Creator Spirit.
This is an exclusive Invitational Rehearsal.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.