LA Fest: LA’s Newest Music
Tue / Oct 9, 2018 - 8:00PM
Gustavo Dudamel leads a night centered around Southern California’s leading lights.
- Ethan BRAUN *The Lost Ones**
- Natacha DIELS *Laughing to Forget** (with generous support from the Virginia B. Toulmin Foundation)
- Daniel ALLAS *to be tender** (with generous support from Nancy S. and Barry Sanders)
- Tina TALLON *…for we who keep our lives in our throats…** (with generous support from the Hillenburg Family)
- Carolyn CHEN *The Sleeper and the Drinker** (with generous support from the Deborah Borda Women in the Arts Initiative)
About this Performance
Dudamel takes the podium on the first night of our new-music series to showcase our own virtuosos and leading lights of Southern California’s living music scene, including a new Garden installation by composer and sound artist Ellen Reid.
(*World premiere, LA Phil commission)
Fluxus Festival Activation
What: Chris ROUNTREE Fluxus Commitment Booth (LA Phil Commission)
Where: WDCH Lobby
Chris Rountree’s Commitment Booth will be viewable in the WDCH Lobby during your visit.
Learn more about Fluxus Festival. In collaboration with the Getty Research Institute
Keck Amphitheatre Installation
What: Ellen REID Oscillations: One Hundred Years and Forever (LA Phil commission, world premiere)
Where: Keck Amphitheatre
Visit an immersive sound and art installation in Keck Amphitheatre before this evening’s concert. Live performances can be heard starting at 7pm, or during the intermission.
Pre-Concert Talk: Upbeat Live
With Andrew Norman – 7pm
Enhance your concert experience with a pre-concert talk starting at 7pm. Upbeat Live provides historical and cultural context for many concerts, featuring engaging speakers, audio examples, and special guests. These events are free to ticket holders and are held in BP Hall, on the second floor, accessible after your ticket is scanned.
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.