- STRAUSS Der Rosenkavalier Suite
- BARTÓK Concerto for Orchestra
- No Intermission
About this Performance
This event has been canceled in accordance with “Safer at Home” orders by Governor Gavin Newsom, Los Angeles County, and Mayor Eric Garcetti to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Due the large number of concerts impacted, please don’t contact us immediately. Details on how to manage canceled tickets will be emailed to ticketholders next week. At that time, ticketholders will be able to:
- Exchange your tickets for any 2019/20 or future 2020/21 season performance or LA Phil-presented concert in the Hollywood Bowl 2020 season. All exchange fees will be waived.
- Exchange your tickets for a credit applied towards your account.
- Donate your tickets and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value.
- Receive a refund for the value of your ticket.
Visit this page for the latest updates and to learn more.
Illustrious conductor Marin Alsop leads the Colburn students in two colorful showpieces, beginning with the sumptuously orchestrated passages from one of Richard Strauss’ greatest operas. In a very different vein, from the mid-20th century, is Belá Bartók’s final completed orchestral work, which prominently displays the virtuosity of every section of the orchestra in an engaging work inspired by his Hungarian roots.
See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.