Part of TH2 Thursday 2
About This Performance
The incomparable Richard Goode joins us for the exquisite concerto that Mozart composed for a young blind virtuoso named Maria Theresa Paradis. Then, Manze leads a rare performance of Vaughan Williams’ vividly dramatic and expressive Sixth Symphony. Although VW wouldn’t confirm that it was a reaction to the sufferings of WWII, it is clearly in a different world from his more pastoral achievements.
Programs, artists, dates, prices and availability subject to change.
Upbeat Live: pre-concert talks
Also Coming to Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Mozart 1791: Scenes from The Magic Flute: Thursday, October 5, 2017 - 8:00pm
- A Midsummer Night's Dream: Thursday, November 2, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Bach & Pergolesi: Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 8:00pm
- Itzhak Perlman Plays & Conducts: Thursday, January 11, 2018 - 8:00pm
- Bernstein's Mass with Dudamel: Thursday, February 1, 2018 - 8:00pm