(Canceled) Toyota Symphonies for Youth:
Power to the People!
Sat / Apr 4, 2020 - 11:00AM
Discover music that represents different traditions and social movements.
- SHOSTAKOVICH Festive Overture
- Excerpts from:
- ELLINGTON "Martin Luther King" from Three Black Kings
- Michael ABELS Global Warming
- Jessie MONTGOMERY Banner
- MONCAYO Huapango
- BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 9
- Los Angeles Philharmonic
- Hilo Carriel, conductor
- Elna Kordijan, stage manager
- Jennifer Leigh Warren, actor
- Gilbert Glenn Brown, actor
- Leon Martell, writer
- Debbie Devine, director
- Alexander Blake, content advisor
- Azra King-Abadi, lighting designer
- Michael Donovan, casting director
- Richie Ferris, casting associate
About this Performance
This event has been canceled in accordance with “Safer at Home” orders by Governor Gavin Newsom, Los Angeles County, and Mayor Eric Garcetti to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Due the large number of concerts impacted, please don’t contact us immediately. Details on how to manage canceled tickets will be emailed to ticketholders next week. At that time, ticketholders will be able to:
- Exchange your tickets for any 2019/20 or future 2020/21 season performance or LA Phil-presented concert in the Hollywood Bowl 2020 season. All exchange fees will be waived.
- Exchange your tickets for a credit applied towards your account.
- Donate your tickets and receive a tax deduction for the total ticket value.
- Receive a refund for the value of your ticket.
Visit this page for the latest updates and to learn more.
Composers, musicians, and poets representing a variety of musical traditions and social movements will gather for Power to the People!, a concert about building community, finding your voice and using it to preserve the dignity and rights of all people.
This concert is recommended for children ages 5 to 11.
The Power to the People Festival is generously supported in part by Margaret Morgan and Wesley Phoa, GRoW @ Annenberg, the Frank Gehry Fund for Creativity, and by an award from the National Endowment for the Arts.See other concerts in this series
Programs, artists, dates, prices, and availability subject to change.
Enhance Your Experience
Come early for our popular Art Activations
Event starts at 10:00AM
Children and families enjoy self-guided art activities and fun for all ages throughout the space. Join us for a morning of musical celebration that will stay with children for a lifetime.
Want to support programs like these?
The Junior Patrons program enhances the concert-going experience for children who attend LA Phil performances, ensuring they feel included in our LA Phil family.
Watch & Listen
Power to the People! festival
From subversive statements to songs of solidarity, music has always had a role to play in the movements that shift attitudes and shape nations. Join curators Gustavo Dudamel and Herbie Hancock in a celebration of the music that moves mountains. We invite you to join the conversation.